După câteva zile petrecute în Viena, revin cu fotografii şi îi salut şi le mulţumesc tuturor celor care au fost în vizită pe aici.
Many consider St. Charles Borromeo Church (Karlskirche), to be Vienna's most beautiful Baroque temple. Its history is tied to the promise made by Charles VI in 1713 to celebrate the end of plague epidemic that had swept through the city. The emperor was certainly aware of the important role the saint, then Bishop of Milano, played during the plague that swept through the Lombard capital between 1576 and 1578. He commissioned the project to Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, the great Baroque architect of the time, who set in motion the project in 1716. The architect died as the project was still under construction and it was his son, Joseph Emanuel, who had to complete it in 1739. Its facade, with six-columns portico and two statues on eigther side is reminiscent of Greek temples. The church is flanked by two 33 meter tall columns decorated with scenes from the life of St. Charlesand topped by the crowns and imperial eagles of the Hapsburg dynasty.